Happy Hump Day peoples! Why am I so in love with fall? I wish I could just scoop it all up and put it in a box and keep it forever.
One favorite fall activity I have is carving pumpkins. Not really for the fact of carving a crazy design or anything, but just to reap the benefits of getting a whole bunch of pumpkin seeds…for free (I know not really but it feels like it)!
Andy and I headed out last weekend to do some fun fall activities. We even brought the pup since he’s all vaccinated and can be out in the world for real now. Of course the pumpkin patch we went didn’t allow dogs so I had to go grab one myself…boring.
Anyways, once we got home I carved the pumpkin in about 20 minutes flat. I had to get the seeds in the oven before Homeland! Continue reading
Happy Friday Loves! I hope you all had a great week and are taking in all of this beautiful fall weather. I’m loving it! My week consisted of having some free time on my hands along with some new job training thrown in. Oh and lots of hot and sweaty yoga!
I haven’t joined Clare over at Fitting It All In for Five Things Friday in a while. It’s one of my favorites!
Five Things I Ate
Clearly there is a theme here…
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from PaleOMG
A fall friendly salad with grilled chicked, beets, butternut squash, and pumpkin seeds!
I can’t believe that it is officially fall! I have been anticipating the season for a good month now. September is funny in New England. She’s such a tease, or maybe just plays hard to get? One day it’s crisp and cool and the next it’s hot sticky and humid. Well September, there’s no turning back now….fall is officially here. Here are a few of my favorite things about this time of year.
- Crisp, cool air that smells like a mixture of leaves, camp fires, and home-made pies (at least that’s what it smells like in my own head).
- Anything pumpkin flavored. Coffee, Beer, Pie, Cookies. It seems now a days everything can be pumpkin. I’m fine with that!
- Carving pumpkins, scooping out the squishy insides, picking out the seeds and roasting them!
- Apple picking, pumpkin picking, hay rides, and corn mazes.
- Sweatshirts and sweatpants.
- Boot season!
- Fall comfort foods…Chili, Beef Stew, Soups.
- Thanksgiving!! By far the best holiday.
- Oktoberfest festivals at various breweries and bars are always a blast. Can’t wait to go to the Harpoon Oktoberfest in Boston!
- Football season for the energy, watching guys get really excited or really mad over a game, tailgating, and Sunday food comas.
- Halloween. Last year I got pretty creative with my costume which made it a lot more fun than previous years!
- Tea or Hot Chocolate before bed.
- It’s the best running weather.
- Red wine, candles, and my couch.