Happy Friday from Puerto Rico! I’ll try no to rub it in too much for those of you in the Northeast. It’s so nice to be in a warm and sunny place after the past few snowy weeks we’ve had!
I planned this girls getaway with three of my best girlfriends. Sometimes you just need a girlcation! Since we are only here for four nights we didn’t want to pack too much and have to check a bag. This means strategic packing was in order. I think I pride myself on being a good packer. Having studied abroad, travelled throughout Europe, and backpacked through Peru, I’ve had a fair share of practice!
Things to think about when packing:
- How long are you staying?
- How will you spend your days? Beach? Pool? Sight seeing?
- How will you spend your nights? Casual nights out? Fancy dinners?
- Will you be exercising at all?
- Will you be doing any excursions / tours /activities?
- What items do I use on a daily basis when getting ready for a normal day?
These are some questions I think about before packing for a little getaway. It helps break it down and get your mind wrapped around what you need.
Here’s my packing list for a Caribbean Getaway:
- 3 bathing suits
- 2 nice dresses
- 1 pair of nice shorts
- 1 pair of pants for going out
- 1 nice tank top for going out
- 2 pairs of yoga pants
- 2 tank tops for working out
- 2 sports bras
- 2 pairs of shorts for bed
- 4 tank tops for bed / lounging around / beach
- 4 beach cover up / dresses
- 1 pair of wedge sandals
- 1 pair of flip flops
- 1 pair of sandals
Toiletries (All 3oz or under)
- Shampoo / Conditioner (I had some samples I saved)
- Body Wash
- Body Lotion
- Face Wipes
- Body Splash
- Toothbrush / Toothpaste
- Small Brush
- Curling Iron
Annnd….it all fit!
Okay, off to enjoy my vacation!