Why do I like such smelly foods?! While coming up with this concoction of a recipe I forgot the scent that would fill my kitchen. I’m used to the bacon smell obviously…but mix that with hard boiled eggs and it’s not so pretty. I guess now I know why I have so many candles in my apartment!
This salad was super easy to make and tasted yummy. I’m all about the simple recipes during the week. After a long day of work, sometimes I’m just not in the mood to make anything that takes more than 15 minutes!
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
1/2 Ripe Avocado
2 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
Organic Baby Spinach
2 Pieces of Bacon
- Cook bacon in oven on 400 degrees for 15 minutes turning over once.
- In a separate bowl mix together eggs, avocado, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Use a fork and knife to cut up and mash the eggs and avocado.
- Put together salad of spinach, mushroom and tomatoes and drizzle with balsamic and olive oil.
- Spoon egg salad mixture over the spinach salad.
- When bacon is done cooking, let it cool for a few minutes. Cut it up and sprinkle over the egg salad.
This is a great option for lunch or dinner! (You might just be that person with the smelly lunch in the office!)