Happy Friday loves! It’s no secret to anyone close to me or who reads this blog that I eat A LOT of eggs. And usually for…dinner!
Yup, that’s right. Eggs for dinner. At least 3 to 4 times a week. Most people are baffled by this.
Don’t you get tired of the same meal? Egg yolks are bad for you. What a boring dinner.
Nope! For three years now, since going primal, I look forward to my bacon and eggs throughout the week and I don’t see that changing too soon.
1. It’s easy! Duh. Who doesn’t love a meal that takes 10 minutes to whip up?
2. It’s light but filling. Many week nights I’m not eating dinner until 8 or 9pm. At this time of night it’s nice to have something a little bit lighter. But don’t confuse light for not satisfying. Eggs are an excellent source of protein providing 5.5 grams per 68 calorie serving.
3. They can be cooked in many forms. Although admittedly I usually stick to one. It was omelets for a couple of years and now I have transitioned to over easy. I love the runny yoke mixed with my bacon and avocado…yum! (See I still get excited). But really there are tons of different ways to spice things up. Like my bacon broccoli frittata.
4. Eggs are brain food. Eggs provide us with choline, an unofficial B vitamin that our bodies do not produce enough of. Choline is important for overall brain function and health. source
5. One of the few foods that naturally contains vitamin d. And I will take all of the vitamin d I can get!
6. They don’t break the bank. Since we do spend a pretty penny on our meat that we eat 2 to 3 times per week it’s nice to just have eggs to buy for the rest of the week.
7. No planning necessary. It takes a lot of effort for me to come up with a new recipe to try for dinner. Because I don’t have to take the time to plan out other recipes I can focus my time and energy on other important things.
So there you have it. Call me crazy but I think eggs and I have a long promising future ahead. Breakfast will continue to be my dinner of choice. What do you think? Crazy? Or do you dig it?
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. I will be wedding venue shopping! And eating some eggs.