Why hello there! It’s been a while bloggies, and I’m sorry for that. I am committing to blogging once per week from here on out because that is what is realistic in my life right now.
As the holiday season is upon us, gift buying is in full swing. Being in the retail world now, boy am I sure in the thick of it! While of course it’s great to get nice things, I really have always been (or maybe more recently been) a proponent of giving the gift of experience.
Maybe it’s the wander-luster in me but I know giving someone the opportunity to experience something new really excites me. This world has SO much to offer. Forget world, even just your own town or state has SO much to offer that you probably don’t even realize. So this holiday instead of filling up your loved ones closets or homes with stuff, maybe fill up their life with a new experience.
Giving the Gift of Experience – A List for Inspiration
- Concert Tickets
- Comedy Show Tickets
- Musical/Broadway/Movie Tickets
- Hotel/B&B/Inn Gift Certificates
- Spa/Massage Gift Certificates
- Restaurant Gift Certificates
- Favorite Grocery Store/Market Certificates
- Vineyard/Brewery Gift Certificates
- Ski Passes
- Yoga Studio / Fitness Studio Gift Certificates
- Private Yoga Lessons – with me!
- Higher Learning Gift Certificates (ex. I asked for a GC to Kripalu to further my Yoga Teaching)
- Flight Credit
- Travel Agent Credit
- Excursion Credit for a planned trip
- Sporting Event Tickets
- Farm Dinners at local farms
- Classes – Cooking, Art, Photography…give the gift of learning!
- A bucket list item – Skydiving anyone?
And there you have it! The list can go on and on can’t it? I encourage everyone to give the gift of experience to a few people during this holiday season.
We can get so caught up in the buying of things, new things, cool things, the must have tech thing. When really what do these things give back? If you want to help someone feel richer, well give them the opportunity to experience. Because if we can encourage others to experience more of this world then maybe we can all grow more appreciative for the life we live and for each other.