Well I just want to thank Amanda at Running With Spoons for hosting Thinking Out Loud because it’s exactly what I needed this week! I wrote my first Thinking Out Loud post last week…and haven’t written a post since.
It’s just been one of those weeks. Where everything is off schedule, you have too many things to do, and not enough hours to do them. So thank you Amanda for letting me Think Out Loud…because it’s exactly what I need to do this week!
- I saw the most beautiful sunset this week. I didn’t even realize just how beautiful it was until I looked at the picture I had snapped much later. The weird thing was that I snapped it after leaving a wake. It really made me stop and think. There is beauty everywhere you look, even in life’s saddest moments…you just have to notice them.
- I am really forcing spring into my life this week. I shed my winter coat, put on flats, and even ordered an iced coffee at Starbucks! Unfortunately mother nature didn’t exactly cooperate, but I think she’s almost there.
- I’m feeling guilty that I’ve been slacking on my blog posts. One of my 2014 intentions was to try and post three times a week. Between work, yoga training, and well…just life, it’s been harder than I thought.
- I leave for Belize in just over a month! I love planning vacations only a couple of months out because they creep up on you, and bam! Paradise is knocking at your door before you know it. I’ve been window shopping (what’s the equivalent online?) for a new bathing suit. I’m really liking the fringe look!
- Last weekend Andy and I went to a brewery here in Connecticut, Two Roads Brewery. In this first year back in Connecticut after living in Boston for four years, I’ve realized that this little state of ours really does have so many fun things to explore. Two Roads is an awesome place, not to mention awesome beer with a fantastic slogan. Take the road less traveled.
- I’ve been loving Spotify lately and discovering new music. A few new favorite bands / artists: Birds of Tokyo, Walk off The Earth, The Wild Feathers, and Vitamin String Quartet.
That’s all I got for you this week. Until next Thursday!